Let’s be honest, nutrition is one of the hardest changes our [[companyame1]] members experience, but it’s also the most rewarding. Nutrition in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and crazes are always emerging.
Diets don’t lead to long-term success. Why? Because most diets focus on restricting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unrealistic. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the right way to work properly. Limiting vital nutrients is detrimental to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research determined that only 1% of people who diet alone actually get rid of their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important part of our program. Since our very first 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same formula when it comes to nutrition—keeping it simple! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in how you eat.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” in our food have considerably changed over the years. We educate our members on making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to meet their goals.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program unique?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important part of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to indulge every once in a while, it’s become accepted in our society making obesity an epidemic. Our members are taught that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that manner. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t count calories! We don’t concentrate on calories because numerous foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a higher fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more significant than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific formula to determine your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This helps you know how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, allowing your body to stay in “burn mode” as opposed to “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to consume good fat as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get anywhere else.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food goes into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is eaten, our bodies go into “store mode” turning excess sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members have smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to top off the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program flexible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members can celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly composed of water, so drinking adequate water is essential to our overall health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps relieve muscle stiffness. Our members try to drink at least 10 glasses of water every day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help make you feel full faster, allowing you to keep portions under control.
So, you could spend a lot of money on fad diets, special meals that keep track of points, counting calories or removing every favorite food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the price of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and discover how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat everyday, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and boost your confidence and energy.
Find a location to get more information about our comprehensive program and to enroll! You won’t believe how much you can transform in just 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread each day with the Farrell's program too!